With over 35 years of Law Enforcement experience John Savage is a recognized crisis management and security professional offering a unique blend of executive leadership and counter-terrorism expertise. As Executive Director of ExecProtect Worldwide, he has built a responsive security organization that delivers exceptional service to clients around the world.
John has been recognized by government agencies, dignitaries and high profile individuals for providing exceptional service. His career includes leadership roles with the Houston Police Department and Lakewood Church. He has served as Chief of Staff for the Office of the Chief of Police and as Executive Director of Security for Lakewood Church. John is a professionally trained Mediator, a Professor of Public Affairs, a licensed Private Investigator and a world renowned Public Safety Consultant.
John is a graduate of the Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy. In addition, he holds a degree in Public Affairs/Administration of Justice and advanced degrees in Psychology and Sociology/Criminology.
As President and Founder of ExecProtect, John is leading his team of professionals to serve with unparalleled excellence.
- Conducts university level instruction in police investigations, special operations, executive protection, and police community relations.
- Trains volunteer, employed and contracted staff at Lakewood Church, the largest church in the United States, in best practices in all security-related matters.
- Teaches and performs risk mitigation to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of unfortunate events.
- Effectively managed a large team of volunteer and paid professionals in security and other areas of ministry at Lakewood Church.
- Managed the office of the Chief of Police, handling all staff-related and community issues, including crisis management and public relations.
- Graduate of FBI National Academy where all strategies pertaining to terrorism, disaster preparedness, emergency and disaster management and homeland security were taught.
- Teaches university level counter terrorism and related subject courses.
- Effectively conducted investigations in homicide, theft, robbery, assault, adult and juvenile sexual assaults, property crimes and traffic.
- As a result of excellent performance and integrity, selected to conduct investigations in internal affairs (police misconduct).
- Promoted in a highly accelerated fashion from patrol duty to juvenile division investigations.
- Supervised and managed investigation teams.
- Selected to manage the high profile investigations due to the unique ability to successfully handle sensitive situations with the public and the media.
- Conducted special operations at Houston Police Department.
- Taught Active Shooter strategies at the university level.
- Trained security teams at Lakewood Church in handling active shooters.
- Trained in active shooting strategies by the U.S. Air Force and Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI – U.S. Department of Justice.
- Was personally responsible for security operations and protection of Joel Osteen and his family during ministry and personal travel.
- Managed the advance team.
- Teaches advance team strategy at the university level.
- Planned entire security operation for book signings, interviews, meet and greets, television appearances, and radio appearances for Joel Osteen.
- Managed security operations and protection of the Mayor of the City of Houston, the Chief of Police of the City of Houston, visiting Presidents, Governors, dignitaries, members of royal families of other countries, media personalities, and entertainers.
- Teaches Crisis Management at the university level.
- Routinely handled crises at Lakewood Church, the largest church in the United States with a 16,000 seat high profile facility open to the public.
- Responsible for crisis management for the squad while supervisor in the Air Force.
- Managed crises while Manager for the Office of the Chief of Police.
- TSCM, the field of Technical Surveillance Counter Measures, is a complicated and highly technical industry. It involves the detection, thwarting, and protection against any unwanted surveillance. Counter surveillance equipment include camera/bug detectors, audio jammers, noise generators, etc., and it takes years of training and experience to utilize this equipment to its full potential as a TSCM specialist.
Master of Arts, Sociology/Criminology
Certified Mediator, State of Texas
Master of Science-Psychology
Bachelor of Science, Public Affairs/Administration of Justice